Tuesday, May 26

The bests in my area.

I can't think of a person who is the best in my area, probably because I don't admire anyone. Anyway, I can name some important psychologists not only because they are some of the best-known thinkers in psychology, they also played an important role in psychology's history and made important contributions to our understanding of human behavior.

One of them could be Skinner. He's staunch behaviorism made him a dominating force in psychology and therapy techniques based on his theories are still used extensively today, including behavior modification and token economies. I personally don't agree with the behaviorism techniques, but can't deny he made an important contribution to psychology.

Another one is Sigmund Freud. His work supported the belief that not all mental illnesses have physiological causes and he also offered evidence that cultural differences have an impact on psychology and behavior. I think his theories are kinda bizarre to me, but some of them surprisely make sense.

And the last one is Rogers who placed emphasis on human potential, which had an enormous influence on both psychology and education. I love humanism thinking, and Rogers became one of its major exponents.

No comments:

Post a Comment