Thursday, June 18

My favorite subject.

My favorite subject this semester is psychopathology, the study of mental illness or mental distress, and the manifestation of behaviors and experiences which may be indicative of mental illness. This class is given by Luis Alvarado (a psychiatrist) and Jose Luis Rossi (a psychologist). They both are good teachers.

Rossi teaches us the theorical terms and Alvarado gives us the posibiliy to see real patients in the hospital.

I like this subject, because is the best apromaximation I have to the clinical pychology...

I have learnt a lot about descriptive psychopathology, which define exactly which signs and symptoms should make up a diagnosis, and how experiences and behaviours should be grouped in particular diagnoses (for example: clinical depression, paraphrenia, paranoia, schizophrenia).

I hope I could learn more about psychopathology =)

No comments:

Post a Comment