Thursday, August 20

My experiences during the first semester of 2009

The last semester I didn't have enough free time as I would like, but I spend all of the little time being with my boyfriend and friends.

My favorite subject that semester was psychopathology, the study of mental illness or mental distress, and the manifestation of behaviors and experiences which may be indicative of mental illness. This class was given by Luis Alvarado (a psychiatrist) and Jose Luis Rossi (a psychologist). They both are good teachers.

I liked this subject, because is the best apromaximation I had to the clinical pychology...

I have learnt a lot about descriptive psychopathology, which define exactly which signs and symptoms should make up a diagnosis, and how experiences and behaviours should be grouped in particular diagnoses (for example: clinical depression, paraphrenia, paranoia, schizophrenia).

The more difficult challenges that I had to pass, was the few time that I had to study for the tests. The most of the time I didn't read the papers they give us, so my grades weren't good enough.

I hope this semester I could have the energy and courage to approve all of my classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment